TIME TABLES & LOGISTICS
BEST ROUTE FOR RACERS TO GET TO EACH LEG
RACER TIME TABLES
This time table was designed by experienced racers to help out new racers, with consideration to the road closures. We hope this assists you in your planning.
The Mt. Baker Highway (542) will be closed from 7:15-11:00 am between Canyon Creek Road in Glacier and Mt. Baker Lodge. Any viewers, participants or additional support vehicles who want to go to the top of the mountain must pass Canyon Creek Road prior to 7:15 am. No vehicles will be allowed to travel down the mountain until approximately 10:30 am. The Whatcom County Sheriff will determine exact release time of vehicles traveling down Mt. Baker Highway (west), vehicles will be released behind the Sweeper Van which is sweeping the Running Course.
All vehicles must drive in the right hand lane behind the Sweeper Van. There is NO vehicle stopping on the way down as this creates a log jam on the highway.
Dispersal is based upon the flow of the race, and may be delayed in case of emergency or other safety concerns. Team members, spectators and fans should plan accordingly. For safety reasons, vehicles may NOT park along the course between the Shuksan Department of Transportation shed (herein referred to as the DOT shed) and the Heather Meadows Lodge on Mt Baker.
NOTE: The Race start time is 7:30 am sharp! Please plan accordingly.
CROSS COUNTRY SKI / DOWNHILL SKI OR SNOWBOARD / RUN / ROAD BIKE
Suggested Departure from Bellingham: 5:00 am
Both skiers, the runner, and road biker should ride together. Drop the biker off at the Salmon Ridge Sno-Park (1/2 mile past the DOT shed) on the way up the mountain. Proceed to the Heather Meadows Lodge parking lot. When your team comes down from the mountain, the most efficient way for them to pick you up is from the Salmon Ridge Sno-Park 1/2 mile east. They are allowed to pick you up at the DOT shed but Law Enforcement does not allow the driver to get out of the car OR stop longer than 30 seconds, so the runner MUST be ready to jump in the vehicle to avoid traffic congestion. Continue down to pick up the biker at Riverside Park.
Suggested Departure from Bellingham: 7:45 am
Location: Riverside Park, Everson. Canoes can be dropped off at Riverside Park on Saturday in the afternoon from 11:00-6:00 pm and will be watched overnight by the Boy Scouts.
Suggested Departure from Bellingham: 9:45 am
Location: Hovander Park, on the south side of Ferndale.
Suggested Departure from Bellingham: 10:45 am
FOR DETAILS ON EACH RACE LEG PLEASE GO TO RACE LEGS & INFO.
BEST WAY TO CARPOOL TO MOUNTAIN
ONE TEAM/EIGHT RACER SCENARIO – MOST COMMON
There is NO STOPPING or DROPPING OFF at the DOT Shed in the morning. All vehicles must proceed into the Salmon Ridge Snow-park 1/2 mile east of the DOT shed to drop off the Road Biker. This is strictly enforced.
- Skiers, Runner and Road Biker all ride up in Vehicle #1.
- Road Biker is dropped off @ Salmon Ridge Sno-Park (1/2 mile past the DOT shed) with a comfy chair, a book, plenty of water and snacks.
- AFTER the race, the skiers come down HWY 542, pick up the Runner at Salmon Ridge Sno-Park (1/2 mile east of DOT shed) or DOT shed if the runner is ready.
- Drive to the next race station to cheer on team.
- Vehicle #2 drives canoe and Canoers to start line in Everson.
- Vehicle #2 is driven back from Everson by Road Biker.
- Road Biker in Vehicle #2 proceeds to Hovander Park to pick-up canoe and Canoers when they arrive.
- Cyclocross Biker rides to Hovander Park to get their warm-up in.
- Vehicle #3 (support team) drops Kayaker at Zuanich Park, then parks the car near the Finish Line in Fairhaven.